Monday, December 1, 2008

Wow...its been awhile :)

What can I say? Life got in the way! Well, that and the fact that every time I sat down to write, I just drew a blank. Sadly, I'm in no better place than when I started! Boo! But, I'm back in the saddle and this time I've got my partner in crime along for the ride. Nothing like a little friend support to keep things moving!

First, I'm going to try to rid myself of a few vices. The first being coffee. Yes, I know, you've heard it before. Get over it. I'm trying again :) Second, sugar. Sugar is the devil and I've been in bed with it for way too long! And finally, frozen food. I don't know what I would do without frozen meals and my microwave and that is no way to live! No worries, I'm taking these one at a time. Starting with coffee. Once I feel that I've finally gotten past it, I'll move on to sugar and so on. So, Day 1, no coffee :)

Here is what I ate today:

Tea w/ Splenda - 0
Fruit cup - 100
Banana - 100
Lean Cuisine - 240
Hot Chocolate - 190
Oatmeal - 160
Pasta - 510

Total - 1300...a little low, but I'll work on that tomorrow!

Not too bad of a start and amazingly, I haven't felt at all hungry! I did start to have the Starbucks craving this afternoon, so I figured going down there and getting a hot chocolate might help...and it did! There is a lot to be said for just going through the motions. I'm not even sure it was coffee I was craving or just the thought of going down there and getting something since I'm so used to it.

Day 1 almost over and I'd call it a success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good work sis....Rome wasn't built in a day.