Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm still here!

No, I didn't give up...I went home for the holidays!

I'm from Portland, Oregon and we aren't known for our snowfall out there. So, when almost 10 inches fell in 2 days, let's just say the city pretty much came to a stand still. That's right, no plowing, no school, most businesses closed. Talk about lots of fun :( There I sat, trapped (literally) in my mother's house with her and her boyfriend for DAYS. Okay, I love my mom. I really, really do. But this was enough to drive me up the wall! And what did I do to distract myself? BAKE! Yes, I filled the house will all kinds of sweets and then, of course, ate them all :)

Here is the most shocking part of the story...I got on the scale this morning and...wait for it...no weight gain! Amazing! This is one of those miracles that you just don't question because there is no good explanation!

In my personal life, I just finished up with a very co-dependent and messy situation and despite the part of me that is obviously hurt and upset, I actually feel so much more free and energized! So, I'm throwing all that energy into ME! Yes, no more putting other people before myself! This year I will be first on my agenda!

A girlfriend of mine just started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and said she totally loves it! Rumor has it that you can get it on Comcast OnDemand so I'm going to try to check it out tonight. This bum shoulder of mine is going to probably be a problem, but I bought a big ol' bottle of ibuprofen this afternoon and will begin ice pack treatments tonight. If that doesn't work, it'll be off to the doc I go and probably require some physical therapy. That will be a bummer!

I think that's about all from this homefront!

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Sounds like that snowfall was pretty wicked! I love it when we get snowed in. :-) Hope your shoulder heals quickly. Happy New Year!
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Sis - can't wait to see you this weekend!! Stay on it girlie...