Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another Challenge?

So far, I have failed miserably at the two challenges I attempted to be a part of this fall. Boo on me! But, Baby Tea Leaves is hosting yet another challenge and I'm itching to sign up! This challenge revolves around preparing for an event (say a 5k) and then hopefully weight loss will be a happy side effect! Well, here in Chicago we have the Shamrock Shuffle, which is a HUGE run that everyone kind of comes out of hibernation for. It's at the very end of March and usually FREEZING. The run is an 8k, which is totally a doable distance for me, but will still require me to put in effort to work back up to. So, sounds perfect, right?

Here's the catch...do I really want to make another running goal? I kind of have a love/hate thing going on with running. I know it's what works for losing weight. It's the one thing you can do anywhere. But, well, it sucks :) I've had some good runs in my time. You know, the ones where you look at your time or think of how easy that felt and just have to call and brag to someone...yeah, I've had a couple. Mostly though, I've dreaded my runs. Had to push myself to even finish my runs...or let's be real, to even start them! Is running really what I want to do? I'm not sure! Lucky for me, registration for the Shamrock Shuffle doesn't open until January 1st so I've got a little time to think about it. Until then, I better get on the treadmill :)

2 comments:

E said...

I think you should give it another try. If after this race you just can't get into running, then I'd say it's time to find another sport. Good luck!

K @ Running Through Life said...

I agree with RK! Give it a try. It wasn't until not too long ago that I too didn't have the running bug! Now you can't stop me. It is amazing what a challenge and some running will do!