Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good news...

and more good news!

First and foremost, I must say that I can't believe I've let my shoulder bother me for the past 4 months or so without doing anything about it...because the ibuprofen is doing wonders! I got in the car this morning (hadn't even taken a dose since last night at dinner time) and usually one of the manuvers that is painful is holding open the car door...I held it open and nothing! No pain! I am kicking myself for not looking into home treatment before now! Hopefully, it will continue to heal and I can leave this little episode behind me!

Then, last night I did find the Jillian Michaels dvd on OnDemand. I watched it all the way through to get an idea of what I was up against. It didn't look too hard to me! I don't have any hand weights at the house so I went rummaging through the kitchen to find something I could use and came up with 2 jars of spaghetti sauce :) Nice little improv there! I headed for the livingroom and turned it on. Holy cow! That 20 minutes was no joke! My quads were screaming just by the end of the first circuit! With some moves, I couldn't even make it all the way through to the end of the set. For someone who has been fairly inactive for the past few months, this was a killer! I was sweating and huffin' and puffin'. But, I sure felt great when I got done! It was basically a 20 minute circuit training session where you do 3 minutes of strength training (doing multiple muscles groups at once), 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs...3 circuits. Whew! I'm already dreading doing it again tonight, but I know its going to make a big difference! And to think...that was only level 1 of 3...

Lastly, I haven't been sleeping or eating that well since my whole upset in my personal life and I am proud to say that I may have actally got my whole 7 hours in last night! Yeah! Of course, I still feel exhausted, but I figure this means I'm starting to move back in the right direction! I'll probably try to take a nap after work since I'll be up late for New Year's tonight. And on that note, Happy New Year to everyone and see ya on the other side!

3 comments:

Jack Cabbage said...

How are the goals coming along in 09?

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Whacha been up to lately?

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

Running Diva Mom said...

Hey - just found your blog. any chance you're doing the chicag R&R half next weekend??